GIS Project Manager – Dallas/Fort Worth
Moye Consulting, a Dallas/Fort Worth area engineering firm providing innovative technology and special systems design and consulting services, seeks a bright, capable individual to join our growing team.
We have a current opportunity for a GIS Consultant/Project Manager in our Irving, Texas office. You will be a part of a team of assigned to support cutting edge GIS implementation at major US airports and municipalities.
This is a great place to work! Check out our reviews on www.glassdoor.com.
Consulting and Project Management
• With the support of senior consultants, develop recommendations for major GIS implementation programs: project definition, phasing, budget, schedule, et al
• Plan, lead and document stakeholder and team meetings
• Track and manage scopes of work, schedules and budgets
• Report on project status
• Interface with and facilitate progress by client’s GIS staff
• Performs, or participates as PM/Stakeholder, for the following:
o Reviews the adequacy and quality of GIS data and makes recommendation for specific types of improvement
o Collects, valuates, and processes GPS data
o Produces and maintains geographic data and graphics for airport-related GIS projects
o Developing and managing scripts for data analysis and systems integration
o Develops GIS databases following GIS standards
o Produces metadata
o Performs basic data maintenance to correct data issues
o Compiles and updates mapping/cartographic data to determine land use, elevation, and general relationship of existing physical features
o Produces maps for campus and indoor wayfinding
• Support business development activities by writing project summaries, approach/plans and participates in occasional sales meetings.
• Performs related work as required
• Participates in ongoing training and career development activities
• Knowledge of FAA's Airport GIS Program
• Experience with GIS software systems specifically ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Desktop, and other ESRI extensions
• Experience with GIS to CAD and Revit to GIS translations
• Familiarity with CAD datasets and the conversion process to GIS
• Experience developing custom scripts for GIS data management and analysis
• Experience customizing web maps and applications using ArcGIS Online and/or Portal for ArcGIS
• Knowledge of planning, design, maintenance and production of geographic data and graphics using GIS systems
• Experience managing spatial data concepts, projections systems, geo-databases, topology and relational databases
• Ability to create high-quality graphic products
• Organizational and problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical audiences both orally and in writing
• Ability to work independently within a team environment
• Possesses appropriate paperwork to demonstrate legal right to work in United States as a full-time, regular employee
• Ability to create and maintain friendly and productive relationships with employees, clients, and vendors
• Responsible for project definition, proposals and consulting activities.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in geography, urban planning, geographic information systems, or related field.
• 5 years or more experience in utilizing GIS systems software (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
• Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
• FAA IDLE Certification in Airport GIS a plus
• Airport experience a plus
This is a direct hire opportunity. All positions are hourly; this position is estimated at 40+ hours/week and has potential for paid overtime and bonuses. Negotiable hourly salary, based on experience.
Comprehensive firm benefits package: package details are made available to those applicants selected for interview.
We are an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply.