Senior Fire Protection Engineer
Dallas/Fort Worth area engineering firm providing innovative technology and special systems design and consulting services seeks Fire Protection Engineer/Project Manager to join our growing team for work on large capital projects.
You will become an integral part of our team, and will work alongside other capable, low voltage fire and life safety systems design professionals. We seek individuals who enjoy challenging, fast paced projects delivered in a collaborative, busy and fun environment.
• Reporting to a Design Manager, this role, as part of our Fire Protection Design Services, provides fire protection engineering consulting services to include fire sprinkler, fire suppression, fire detection and alarm, and mass notification systems design for new and existing facilities including aircraft hangars, airports, high-rise office buildings, dormitories, federal facilities, hospitals, laboratories, museums, and warehouses; as well as consulting for life safety, building, and fire code compliance.
• Develop scopes of work and fee proposals.
• Manage projects scopes, schedules and budget to successful completion.
• Work with an in-house staff of consultants and BIM technicians to coordinate fire protection systems
in an integrated BIM working environment. Revit experience a plus.
• Planning and design details including engineering concepts, distribution plans, riser diagrams, detail
drawings, schedules, specifications, design analysis, and engineering reports.
• Occasional on-site project observations and reviews; duties required to fulfill contractual obligations
for construction phase services; overseeing other personnel assigned to this responsibility.
• Texas PE License. NCEES record is preferred.
• Minimum 10 years technical experience in technical fire protection design or consulting role
involving fire protection systems is required.
• Experience in fire sprinkler, suppression, and fire alarm system layout utilizing hydraulic calculation
programs, and knowledge of NFPA Codes, and International Building and Fire Codes is required.
• Demonstrated experience in ability to lead projects and manage resources is required.
• Approximately 10-20% travel may be required.
• Experience in aviation projects desired.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is preferred.
• Articulate communicator, with sound judgement, strong collaboration and teamwork skills and a
proven ability to manage concurrent projects.
• Proof of US Citizenship is required
• Be subject to background check and security clearance.
Apply for this position by sending resume, salary history and project history to Tracy Barry at ; to ensure a timely response include Fire Protection position in the subject heading.
Moye Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and minorities, females, veterans and disabled persons are encouraged to apply.